About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Monday, May 7, 2012

Apnea and You (well me really)

If you have been reading my recent posts you know that I've been talking about the fact that I have sleep apnea in weird little blurbs. Only blurbs because I was a little annoyed, upset, pissed, bitchy about the fact that I have sleep apnea. Yeah I admit it!

For the past year and a half or so I have been refusing a sleep study when my doctors bring it up. This is because I have MS and one of the HUGE COMMON SYMPTOMS of MS is fatigue. Also, the more I exercised the better I felt. This is very common with fatigue and MS. Exercise helps the fatigue a 'lot'. Well, I've noticed for about six months now that I have been really fatigued which I talked about in a previous blog post No I'm Not Tired!

Well my doctor starts getting on me about doing a sleep study. To shut them up I agreed to wear a pulse ox, which is a little machine that measures how much oxygen is going through your body, while I sleep. I've never thought about sleep apnea for other reasons, such as I don't snore, I don't fall asleep during the day (Cept that one time) and no one has ever commented that I stop breathing when I sleep (shout out to my sweetie). Well that little thing showed that my oxygen levels were dipping a bit too low. Which lead to a REAL sleep study in a strange place and all that jazz.

Fun information I didn't know. There is something called central sleep apnea. Which happens with people who have MS (rubbing my eyeballs). Central sleep apnea is when you repeatedly stop breathing during sleep because the brain temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing (robbing my eyeballs harder). SO, I have sleep apnea. Which I can add to the long list of "Shit that Annoys Me" and/or "Holy Shit I Wonder How Big My Medical Chart Can Get". As a side note I love Jackie Chan. I may go to hell for using that image on my blog because I am Asian but that's OK. LOVE YOU JACKIE!

Back to the story - On Wendsday I have to go to the cool "Get your breathing shit here" store and get fitted and learn how to use my machine. Let me tell you THAT is gonna be a BLAST. I may feel amazing when I get it through which would be great! I will let you guys know how it goes after Wed!



No comments:

Post a Comment