About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Thursday, December 4, 2014

November 2014 Horror Block Unboxing and Review. Spoilers!

Sweet Korean Baby Jebus – I am in love with my November Horror Block. No, seriously I’d marry it if I could! We had a few clues about what was going to be in this box. So, I knew we were going to get things related to NBC’s show Hannibal and something from The Nightmare on Elm Street. I love the show Hannibal and The Nightmare on Elm Street is one of my favorite horror movies. I was expecting maybe a small doll or some such but MAN was I wrong and so happy that I was. 

For those of you who don’t know Horror Block is a monthly subscription service that sends you horror related items (please tell me Horror Block gave that away). It ships from Canada but they do ship internationally. The service is 19.99 (plus shipping if international) per month. They also have other blocks such as Nerd Block, Arcade Block, and Nerd Block Jr’s for both girls and boys. Check them out here

I also want to make clear that I buy this box with my own money and my opinions are my own. Also, if you click on the above link I don’t get anything for it. Now, on to the box! 

I didn’t take a photo of the outside of the box because a) it’s a box b) I forgot c) I may or may have not ripped it open. 



First thing of course is the t-shirt. I was super excited to see this! I love Mads Mikkelsen (the actor who plays Hannibal in the show) and he does such a great job with the character. I think the shirt is worth the price of the box in and of itself.



The next thing I pull out is a Hannibal’s heart stress ball (heart?). Man I could have used this last year – smile. I like it. I don’t know why but I’ve always had a wee bit of an obsession with things you squeeze to relieve stress. HEY HEY get your mind out of the gutter I’m doing a review here…



I had no idea what this was at first. Well, I thought it was a just a Godzilla toy but it’s actually a climbing Godzilla that you put on say the wire of your headphones. It’s pretty cute and since I game (don’t judge me you don’t know my life) I have the perfect place for it! 



“Another DVD!” Was my first reaction to this Tales from the Crypt Keeper Myth Conceptions DVD. I’m not sure if this is usual (the DVDs) but the past two Horror Blocks have had them and I’m not complaining. This DVD has 8 episodes of a show I’ve never seen. I’m going to watch this tonight! 



This makes me laugh so much - first because I know someone who is obsessed with Cthulhu and second because I love hanging car signs. I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep the camera straight (ahem).



I thought we had reached the end of the box until I pulled out this issue of Fangoria. I just recently rediscovered this magazine and I’m glad it’s in this month’s Horror Block also…Darryl. Yes, I’m a fangirl of the show The Walking Dead and Norman Reedus can take me on a motorcycle ride anytime. 



I was wrong though this was not the end of the box for behold that under the Fangoria magazine I found things! 

First thing I found was Hannibal stickers! Not sure what I’m going to do with these but I love them all the same especially the one with the elk. 




Then…this. I am so ridiculously happy about this. This is a 35mm film slide cut from a The Nightmare on Elm Street movie reel. I’m such a dork that they could have sent me this in a box and I would have been like “Worth it”. I…have no more words.





This month’s Horror Box really blew it out of the water for me. Any of my subscription boxes could be cut at any time because I personally buy them and my money is important (think of it as the Hunger Games but with boxes instead of children). Horror Block is not losing me as a subscriber anytime soon.


1 comment: