About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Monday, November 3, 2014

(Spoilers) October Horror Block Unboxing and Review

If you have not received your October Horror Block you should stop reading this post now. 

OK, for the rest of you this is my first Horror Block and it's the October box! For those of you who don't know Horror Block is a monthly subscription service that includes a t-shirt (you set the size when you subscribe) and 4-6 horror related toys, collectibles, or something else epic! The price is $19.99 for the horror block plus shipping. They are associated with Nerd Block and there are different subscriptions you can choose from if Horror is not your thing. Also, this is my own personal subscription which means I pay for it with my own money (smile). 

Check out Nerd Block here:  https://www.nerdblock.com/

I was so excited to receive this box and my expectations were super high. I stumbled upon this service watching unboxing videos on YouTube. More specifically I was watching Subscriptionboxmom12. She has a ton of unboxing videos and I love that she gets to the point and doesn't ramble on for 40 minutes about how pretty the box is. Check her out on her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Subscriptionboxmom12.  

If you haven't seen the Horror Block Box before this is what it looks like when it's shipped (carefully paced thumb to hide address). 





This is the contents of the box. I have to say as SOON as I opened it I was excited. I could not contain myself. I am such a horror fan and just looking at the t-shirt drove me over the edge. I love this t-shirt with Jason on it. I cannot wait to rock this. 


The second item I pulled out was this Build Your Own Zombie box. I love this so much. One I cannot wait to put a zombie together. I love to do artsy fartsy things so I'm really excited to tear into this. 


It includes two tubs of clay. One is green (left) and the second has all the other colors you would need to make your zombie (red, white and black). I'll make mine soon and show all of you how it came out!


The next item in the box I was confused about at first. I thought it was some kind of snack product. Then I realized no weirdo they're Cereal Killers stickers from Wax Eye. These are the two sides of the box the stickers came in. 



The artwork is great! They remind me of garbage pail kids. The box had two packs of the stickers and I think this is a great item. I'm going to have fun with these too!


THEN I saw this and I was absolutely blown away. It was a Blu-ray DVD of The Puppet Master movie. A BLU-RAY. Being a horror fan I've seen this movie more than once, but I haven't seen it for years and tonight I will watch it again. 


This alone was worth the box. A movie, can you believe it? And, we're not done yet. Have you guys seen the movie Trick 'r Treat? If not you really should. It's a collection of various short horror stories that all tie in together. I own it I love it that much.You can imagine my excitement when the next item was this - a toy from the movie!



 I am so ridiculously happy I received Sam. I won't ruin the movie for you but if you have seen it then you all know who Sam is. Sam probably haunts your dreams.

The last item in my box was a Fangoria magazine. I use to read this magazine a lot when I was younger but I haven't picked it up in a while. I am really looking forward to reading this and rekindling my love affair with the magazine.


I cannot believe how much I like this box. They blew it out of the water for October and I cannot wait to see what is going to be in my November box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment