About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Serenity + Scott Brow Gel Review - Is it a Holy Grail?

Two weekends ago I was able to attend The Makeup Show in Orlando Florida. There will be a haul blog soon but I have been sick. Did I say sick? What I mean is that I had that thing from the Mucinex commercials living in my nose and chest. I was going as Press to The Makeup Show but I was so Ill I couldn’t do it. So, I just went and bought some things (smile). I met a lot of great people at the show but by far the two people that I met that I have to mention are Serenity + Scott. If you don’t know who they are go here RIGHT NOW to their YouTube channel. I’ll wait (waiting patiently). 


Serenity + Scott is a new(er) makeup line based out of Ashville North Carolina. I was very excited to take look at this line because I had seen a few reviews of their products online. All of Serenity + Scotts products are cruelty free, paraben free, and gluten free. Their brushes are high quality (I’ve added them to my kit) and their eye shadow pallets are highly pigmented. My friend purchased their powder and a pallet while I got their brow gel. Let me say that the brow gel was what I really wanted to try and I was not disappointed. 

Serenity + Scott’s brow gel comes in four shades (although I do see a photo of five shades on their website) Golden Blonde, Silver Fawn, Copper Auburn, and Bronzed Sable. I am going to use the brown gel in the color Silver Fawn.





On a personal note - I got to meet Serenity and Scott at The Makeup Show. It is obvious that they have put a lot of time, thought, and care into their products. They are also the most sincere and nice people who I’ve met in a very long time. 

A bit about me and my eyebrows - My eyebrows are natural. I don’t pluck or shape them in anyway. I love makeup but never really wanted to mess with my brows because I actually like them. However, with my chemo and hair loss they’re a bit blah, and I wanted to do something with them. I’m also not into the drawn on look that some people enjoy. I want them to look natural and just there. I began looking for a brow product and came across a few reviews on Serenity + Scott’s brow gel. To me, the product looked the most natural. The brow gel has reflective properties that help to make your brows look three-dimensional, exactly what I wanted! 
 
I’m only going to be doing the left brow in this review. Also, it should be noted that I’m going to be putting the product on thick so you can see how it still looks natural even if you apply a lot. I’m also going to be extending my brow so you can see how it performs on skin (no hair people, no hair - gotta love chemo). 

These are ma kinda patchy up close eyebrows. Ya know? I’ve never looked at my face this closely before. It’s rather scary. So I hope people are actually getting something out of this – laugh. Also, please excuse my crazy ass eyes. I don't know what the hell I was doing but maybe you'll get a laugh out of it. 



Here is after.




You can obviously see the difference. I’ve also extended my brown in the second photo and as you can see it looks very natural. I didn’t go further down because I would look like the dad from American Pie due to how thick I put the product on, but I wanted you to see that even with this heavy handed application it just looks like my natural eyebrow. 

The product also dries soft, not stiff like some brow gels can be (one of my other complaints as I was trying out brow gels). I am in love with this product. I have used this brow gel daily since I purchased it and recommend it to everyone. This is 100% my holy grail brown gel. Here is a link to their website, go nuts. 


And no, I don’t get anything for this, the above link does not come back to me in anyway. I bought this product with my own money and I’ll buy it with my own money a thousand more times - smile. 



3 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a brow product and this sounds great. Thank you for your review. Where can I buy this? In hopes not too expensive. My wallet is extremely thin these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Randa! If you're in Ashville NC they have a local store. Other then the storefront you can get it online here http://shop.serenityscottbeauty.com/shop/brow-gel/. It's $16.00 but it's going to last a long time, the tube is completely full to the top (not like some products that are only half full. It's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genie, I ordered this brow gel in golden blonde and I ABSOLUTELY love it! It goes on so easy and doesn't look like I've painted my brows. Thanks for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete