About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Monday, November 17, 2014

November 2014 Ipsy Bag Unboxing (bagging?) and Review Spoilers

Hi everyone! This is my review of the Ipsy November 2014 subscription bag. There will be spoilers. So if you want to be surprised please stop reading – smile. For those who do not know Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends 4 – 5 sample to deluxe sample size products. I did receive a full sized product this month but from what I’ve been seeing full sized products are not the norm. The bag is only $10.00 per month. This price includes shipping and a cute accessories bag that holds the products. I’ve done something a little different with this bag. Usually, I do an unboxing (bagging – I’m going to keep doing this I think) and do a quick review and/or first take. This time I’ve actually used the products in the bag. 

Please excuse the horrible lighting for the photos. I'm rectifying the situation as we speak and I promise they'll be better next month. Let’s get to it!

November is my first Ipsy bag and I like it. The theme this month is glitter EVERYWHERE (actually it’s called Girl Meets Glitter but I like my title)! What I like about this bag is that the glitter is not actually on the bag. Glitter and I have a problem with each other. It seems to hate my eyeballs and I hate it in my eyes. The problem is if there is glitter on it, it’s going to find a way into my eyeball. Since we know I already have needles jabbed into my eyes, I’d like to avoid the glitter. So, the fact that the glitter was not glued on the bag was a plus for me. 




The glitter bag is not really something I’m going to keep. It seems good for a tween or teen and I’ll be giving it to my God daughter the next time I see her (I say that but look at my matching nail polish). 

I was excited to receive the ITcosmetics Bye Bye Under eye. I wasn’t sure how I felt about this but I used it this past weekend. I attended The Makeup Show in Orlando and I decided to see how the concealer held up to hours of wear and walking through a convention floor. It worked really well. I’m actually going to buy this concealer I was that impressed. For me this sample was worth the bag itself. 



This is the Starlooks eyeliner in Ultra Olive. The color is nice and I also used this. This eyeliner also has glitter. See my above comment about glitter? The eyeliner went on well and blended great. I also got great wear out of it. I’m not sure I want myself to look totally glittered out on a day-to-day basis, but it’s something fun to use for a special occasion.




The next is this J Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion. Great pigment, great color for me, looked good on my lips, and isn’t overly sticky. Not much more to say other then I liked it (smile). 




This is SeaRx Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion. I have not used this. I’m really picky about what I use on my skin so I cannot give you a review. However, this is such a small sample I’m not sure I would even know if I did like this product before it ran out. 




The last thing is the Marc Anthony - Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray. Meh. It’s fine as a hairspray but I didn’t see any volume or shine when I used it. This is a great travel sized hairspray though so I’ll get some use out of it. 



That’s my bag. Overall I was happy with what I received. In my opinion the eyeliner, lip paint, and concealer sample was worth the $10.00 price tag. I can’t wait to see what I get in December. 




No comments:

Post a Comment