About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Review of the GlamGlow SuperMud - Buy or Skip it?

Even with my sensitive skin with rosacea, I want to find skin treatments that work for me. In an attempt to do this I got a sample pack of all of the GlamGlow products which includes SuperMud, YouthMud, ThirstyMud, and BrightMud (for your eyes). 


Since my Benton experiment is over (see my previous blogs) I decided to go for it and let the chips fall where they may. I have heard so many good things about the SuperMud so last night (New Year’s Eve) I slathered it all over my face to see what would happen. 

I looked up the ingredients on CosDNA you can see the results here http://cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_f6c6109424.html. There are four ingredients that are potentially irritating, they are. 
  • Butylene Glycol – (solvent, moisturizer) Irritant level 1
  • Salicylic Acid – (exfoliator, whitening)
  • Methylchloroisothiazolinone – (preservative)
  • Methylisothiazolinone – (preservative)
There are also six products that have a medium risk for irritation. They are: 
  • Phenoxyethanol – (preservative) 
  • Methylparaben – (preservative) 
  • Butylparaben – (preservative) 
  • Ethylparaben – (preservative) 
  • Propylparaben – (preservative) 
  • Isobutylparaben – (preservative) 
I know you’re asking yourself “Why would you put that on your face?” but in my defense I wanted to try it and I thought it would be perfectly fine. I was semi-right. 

It comes out of the package as this dark green mud with little bits of things in it. I don’t know what the little bits were I decided in my head that they were sticks – smile. As soon as I slathered it on my face I though “Uh oh” because it started tingling immediately and I thought “Well, I guess my face is going to be pissed”. That tingling reaction I have to chalk up to the peppermint oil. 

I continued because it was already on most of my face and this is what I looked like. You can see that it’s drying a bit here – those light whitish green zombie spots. 


This is it drying.





This product is supposed to take out impurities and one of the claims made is that you can see the oil being sucked out with little pin pricks of black stuff (technical term). If you look closely you can see that that is what exactly happens. This happened on my nose and my chin but no other areas of my face. The scent was very pleasant and the tingling stopped after a few minutes. 



After 10 minutes I washed off the mask and this is what my face looked like immediately after. You can see that there are a few spots of red irritation (sigh).



This morning my face looks the same but it does feel a little irritated around the check area. I’ll update my photos if anything crazy happens in the next few days. 

Final thoughts on this product

I liked it for my nose and chin. I think if I used this more than once my cheeks would go absolutely insane. I did see the oil being pulled out of some pores but I don’t see a difference today in my nose or chin. The cost for the full sized product is $69.00 and honestly I would not purchase it at that price. At the most I would use this on my nose and chin but there are other products out there that do a better job. Overall a disappointment and not impressed with the GlamGlow SuperMud.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love this mask, but I found a nice cheap dupe for it at Target. It's gentler and smoother (the chunks btw are tea leaves) and you get way more product for way less. It's the Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask. I think it's sold at Ulta too.

    ReplyDelete