About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Friday, January 2, 2015

Memebox Superbox #81 1st Anniversary Box

This is my unboxing of the Memebox Superbox #81 1st Anniversary Box. This box was also one of the first Memeboxes I purchased. I’m not sure what I was expecting from this box but I wasn’t expecting what I received. For those of you who don’t know Memebox is a subscription box service that gives you between 5 – 8 full sized Korean Beauty products. Memebox is different from other subscription boxes because you don’t pay a monthly fee (and seriously it’s all KOREAN beauty) but choose and purchase specific boxes that you find interesting. The boxes are released periodically and range from twenty dollars to fifty dollars depending on the type of box it is. The higher end brands of skincare such as the IOPE boxes have been priced at the top of the range. Since the boxes are shipping from Korean you have to also pay shipping. You can either choose standard ($6.99 for me in the US) or express shipping ($17.99). It can take a long time to get your box if you order standard (up to 20 days). So please keep that in mind when ordering – smile.

Now on to the box!




First thing I pulled out was these two items (actually the tube then realized they were together) this is the RiRe Cool Dr. Scalp+ & Hot Speed Manicure. The Cool Dr. Scalp+ is enriched with various oriental medicinal extracts and works to cool down the scalp temperature preventing possible hair loss as well as removes impurities and dead skin cells. 

The Hot Speed Manicure penetrates deep into the hair cuticles, delivers abundant nutrition, and creates a strong protein layer to help maintain a healthy moisture balance for your hair. 


I’m interested to try both products. Since chemotherapy my hair has been all kinds of jacked up. The parts that fell out are now growing back with a vengeance and randomly, curly. We’ll see how these products work with this hair – smile.

Next is another RiRe product. The RiRe Capsule Mask Pack is an innovative spray type mask pack which includes mixofadenosine, miacinamide, cherry blossom, evening primrose, and violet extracts. The Capsule mask is said to deliver rich nutrients and instant moisture to dry and sensitive skin. I received the Anti-Aging Capsule from a choice of three (moisture, whitening, anti-aging). 



This product seems to be a mix between an essence and a facial mist. I’ve sprayed it on my face and I’m not sure what I’m waiting to see. It’s a nice mist but I’m not big on spraying things on my face like a cat doing something wrong. I’m not sure I’m going to continue using this. 

Next up is the Tosowoong Bee AC Control Toner (could have received the Tosowoong Bee AC Control Lotion) which is comprised of bee venom, glactomyces, and bifida ferments. The Bee AC Control series effectively soothes and neutralize acne-prone and reactive skin. This is recommended for people with sensitive, problematic skin. I’m excited to try this product because I am so in love with the Benton Snail Bee products. I know that there is no snail in this toner but I am curious to see how the venom performs on its own. 



I find the A.H.C Whitening Cream SPF35PA++ intriguing. This product combines moisturizing cream, sunblock, brightening cream, and complexion correcting cream. The Whitening Cream combines niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, lemon, kakaduplum, kamu kamuberry and betaine to replenish dry damaged skin and visibly corrects uneven skin tone. While I want to take this and slather it all over my face I realize that it may be irritating to my sensitive cheeks. So, I’m doing a spot check as I type this and will update you on the product if I am able to use it – smile.



The last product is the Unni Recipe Makes Your Skin Smooth Firming Pact SPF25 PA++ #21 Light Beige. This Unni Recipe pact helps skin breathe through and over full makeup; its moist, cushiony formula is infused with a mix of galactomyces, bifida, lactobacillus ferments, and Unni Recipe’s special Silky Balance Network. 






Want to know what’s really funny? Most of the makeup products I receive from Memebox are spot on my color. I don’t know if it’s because my undertones match better with Korean Brands or if I’m must lucky. The product is very smooth and has a slight fragrance but nothing over powering. I’m going to wear this and report back to coverage and staying power so keep a look out! 

Overall I am very happy that I purchased this box. I was expecting something different such as some blow you away, OMG I can’t believe they gave me that, WOW, products. What I received was not bad just unexpected. I think the warm glow of Memebox is starting to wear off on me. This is the last box I had on order and I’m hoping that 2015 brings some “Wow” boxes for me to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment