About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Friday, January 16, 2015

January 2015 Ipsy Bag

This is my January 2015 IPSY bag un-boxing and review. For those that don’t know IPSY is a monthly beauty bag subscription that costs $10.00/month. The bag includes 5 sample products for your enjoyment (said with a flourish). Sometimes the products are full-sized but usually they are small and/or deluxe sized. IPSY also sends you a makeup bag each month (this is where your samples are located FYI). IPSY bags can be a hit and miss with the samples provided but I have found some great products through them such as the ITCosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer (seriously LOVE that shit). 

Now onto ALL THE THINGS!


This month’s bag felt very hefty to me and I was immediately intrigued by that. The first thing I pull out is this Probelle Nail Lacquer in the shade Into the Blue. This is (of course) a full-sized product and retails for $6.00. This was immediately stolen by my mother (her birthday was yesterday so she can do things like that). Once I was able to get my hands on it I took a look at the formula. The polish goes on very opaque and is a lovely sea foam color. I’d say this is a one or two coat polish (one coat easily). 


The next product is Teadora Rainforest at Dusk Nourishing Body cream 2oz deluxe sized sample. The full-sized product is 8oz and retails for $39.00. I’m not sure what a rainforest actually smells like at dusk but if it smells like this it’s aroma therapy and a little hippyish. The product contains the natural oils Buriti, Açaí, Andiroba, Babassu, and Brazil Nut and two butters: Cupuaçu and Murumuru. I haven’t used this product yet but as soon as I do I’ll let you know!


Next was this Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Ethereal. Pacifica is a 100% vegan and cruelty-free company that does not use FD & C color, parabens, or petroleum. These are all great traits for a company and this color is a nice shimmery highlighter color. What you see on my hand I had to build up so it’s not intensely opaque. I probably wouldn’t purchase this for myself but it’s a nice product especially if the company’s values are something you’re looking for in your makeup products. 





Next is an Astrida Naturals Orange Mint Lip Balm. This is a full-sized product and retails for $4.00. I haven’t used this yet because I literally have 5 lip balms open right now. As soon as I get a chance to use it I’ll let you guys know! 


My last product is the Hikari eyeliner in storm. The eyeliner is full-sized and retails for $13.00. Now, as you can see mine broke apart when I opened it. I can still use it but seriously? If you want me to get a good first impression of your product – having it fall apart when I open the packaging is not going to accomplish that. The color is a slate grey. However, the product isn’t very opaque. If you see the darkest line (to the left) is five lines drawn on top, the second is two, and the third is one swipe. I actually do like the color but I think for the amount of product you have to use and/or the pressure to get it to show isn’t worth the price. 




It might not sound like it but I was happy with this bag. Some of the products are not my cup of tea but I get this bag for product exposure and for $10.00 I feel like this bag was worth the price. What did you guys think about your bags?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds line we had some what of the same opinion on the Hakari liner :)

    ReplyDelete