About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Memebox Special #76 The Empress's Secrets

I finally got my Empress’s Secrets box! I was really looking forward to this Memebox. This was actually the first Memebox I ordered (way back when). Was it worth the wait? You’ll have to read on to see – smile. Onto the normal stuff before the review – This is a box from Memebox. Memebox employs magical fairies to put Korean beauty products in lovely pink boxes (I mean…how many times can I say the same thing?). You pay between $20.00 - $50.00 for a box (depending on the box) plus shipping ($6.99 for standard and $18.99 for express). It’s a great service and offers a lot of products you can’t get in the United States (easily). Check them out here http://us.memebox.com/

Now that I have that out of the way, on to all the things! 




Like I said I was really excited about this box. So I tore into it like there was no tomorrow and the first product I pulled out was the Daltokki Facial Scrub. The Daltokki Facial Scrub is made from glutinous rice cake (funny I just ate that today) – known to be rich in various vitamins and nutrients – and works to smooth out and clarify the skin through exfoliation. 




If you read my blog you know I have sensitive skin but this seems pretty gentle (I rubbed it between my fingers). It has a light smell that is not offensive and comes in a pretty big jar (90ml). I’m going to give it a try in a few days because I just used some GlamGlow on my face and I want to the skin on my face some time to rest – yes the review will be up today as well. 

I also got the Soy BIO+ Fermented Lumpoule 5ml (2). This is actually an ampoule with a fun combo name of lump (Korean fermented soy bean lump) and an ampoule. This formula is to prevent formation of fine lines and wrinkles and also brighten up the overall complexion. After cleaning and toning your faceyouapply2-3 drops and pat in for full absorbance. 

 

Since the package was all in Korean I worked with my mother to translate the ingredients. The ingredients are great and there are no irritants or acne triggers in the SoyBIO according to CosDNA. You can check out the formula list here http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_387d167049.html. I’m excited to use this! 

My next product is the Tosowong Syn-ake Wrinkle Free Essence. The claim for the Syn-Ake Wrinkle Free Essence is that it will help you maintain a healthy moisture and oil balance. I find this product very interesting and will add it to my skincare routine. In about a week or I’ll give this a good try and do some updates on it in my blog (just like the Benton). 




Next is the PurDerm Make-up Cleansing Tissue. These are cleansing tissues (duh) that are enriched with nutrients from green tea leaf. I’m not big on cleansing tissues but I will try these the next time I use eye make up to see how well they work. 


The last product in this box is the Lime Nature Double Very Moisturizing Cream. This cream is enriched with acai berry complex and a rich blend of ancient medical herbs such as chuanxiong rhizome, peony, licorice root, kudzu root, portulaca, and cornflower. This product is sealed in the box so I did not take it out to smell it or test the product. I am pretty intrigued by this and as soon as my moisturizer runs out I’m going to start using this. 


Was this box worth the wait? I think it was. I’m pretty excited about all of the products sans the makeup wipes (that might change once I use them though). Overall the box was worth it to me. You guys should really check out Memebox for a great introduction to Korean Beauty products!

2 comments:

  1. I got this box too and enjoy it!

    TIP:

    When you use the Daltokki Facial Scrub, don't leave it on for too long! It'll start stinging/burning a bit. Wash it off after you've scrubbed it in for around 20~30 seconds. I do like the product though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I'm a little worried about the stinging/burning now lol. So, I'll have to do a product ingredients look-up (not my favorite thing to do). Thank you again for the heads up!

      Delete