About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Sunday, October 26, 2014

What I Found out About Vitamin D Deficiency MS and Rosacea

I've been doing a lot of research on rosacea lately because I've recently had a really bad flare up. I have to admit that I've been really lax taking care of my rosacea (well...my dry skin, my makeup, my hair...pretty much everything) since my cancer diagnosis. Now that I'm a few months removed from chemo (and am in remission yay) I've slowly started to get back into the swing of things and by things I mean life. For me the chemo stopped me in my tracks. It almost feels like more then a year of my life was lost in daily chemo and cancer. 

It's so nice to be able to get back out there and live a little. The fact that my rosacea reared its ugly head is annoying but also a comforting normal part of life. Not sure if anyone understand that but I'm sharing (laugh). 

As I said, because of my lovely red face, I've been doing a lot of research on natural ways/any way/reason/did I eat to many hot peppers to help or explain my lovely face. For those of you who suffer from MS you may know that many people with MS suffer from a vitamin D deficiency. I am one of those people. I have not read anything that explains to correlation between MS and a vitamin D deficiency but there seems to be something there.

As I read more about rosacea, I came across many references to a vitamin D deficiency in people who have rosacea. WHAT? The hell you say! Well, yes it's true. I find it very interesting that, like MS, they don't know the exact cause of rosacea (same as MS), it's liked to a vitamin D deficiency (like MS), that it's inflammation (like MS), flares up and goes into remission (like MS), and is progressive (like MS). I'm not big on coincidences especially when it comes to health. 

Could the mechanisms of inflammation and then remission be related to a vitamin D deficiency? Could finding the mechanism for action for one help the other? Do the treatments for one (say MS) help the other (rosacea)? 

Things that make you go hm...


No comments:

Post a Comment