About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My First Birchbox - Unboxing and Review

For those that don't know Birchbox is a monthly subscription company centered around beauty. For ten dollars a month Birchbox sends you four to five samples (sometimes deluxe samples) of vary products. Since I want to branch out makeup and beauty wise I decided to subscribe. I was not given this box and purchased it with my own money (for those who might be wondering) and even if it was given to me I would still give you my honest impression of the service. 

First let me say that I received a Laggies box. I was disappointing from the get go because I just wanted a regular Birchbox. I did call Birchbox costumer service and while the woman was very pleasant she told me that I had put in a special code when I ordered (I don't remember doing that) and because of that I received this box. She also stated there was nothing they could do about the box (I did say I wanted the regular one). 

So, my review might be a little tarnished by the fact that I did not receive exactly what I wanted. 


First off I am a Rockstar just in case anyone was wondering (carefully placed finger over address). 


This is what my box looked like (see the Laggies?).



Here is what the inside of my box looks like. It's really nice packaging and there of course is a card that explains everything in the box. I know that's what the card is because I have watched a ton of unboxing videos on youtube. Don't judge me, you don't know my life (laugh). 



...and this is what came in my box. 



The first product is Beauty Protector protect and detangle. The full-size price is $21.95 and this is a deluxe sized sample. The info card says it locks in color, protects from heat damage, and adds silkiness. 

My take - It has a pretty strong smell. The base of it is citrus (grapefruit to me) mixed with something medicinal. I don't need this because I don't need a detangler but I will try it to see if it does soften. I'm pretty picky with scents so I'm not sure how this is going to smell once I put it in my hair. It should be interesting. 



The second product is Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enymatic Face Rejuvenator. The full-size price is $34.00. The info card says it mimics the effects of microdermabrasion for glowing, smooth skin. 

My take - Well I have no take really (laughing). I didn't open it and will be giving it away. As you know from previous blog posts I have rosacea and am having a bit of a flare at the moment. Since this has little rough beads in it I wont use it on my skin. That's all I need - to make my face worse! 



The next product is TOCCA Crema De Mano in Bianca. The full-size price is $8 - $20. The info card states that it's loaded with essential oils and that this green tea and lemon lotion absorbs in a flash.

My take - This also has a very strong perfume smell. You do get a wiff of the lemon but it has a very flowerly perfume smell that reminds me of an older ladies perfume. I'm not a fan of the smell and I wont be using this product.



This little box had two prodcuct's A ModelCo POWERLASH high impact black mascara full-size $20 and a Sage +Fasten eaude parfum in Onward (roller ball) full-size $50. 

My take - I'm going to have fun with the mascara. I've been out of mascara for awhile and this will last me a good while because I don't wear mascara that much. The perfume I actually like (I bet you didn't see that one coming. I like clean fresh scents and I'm not sure if it's the grapefruit smell but I really appreciate it. It has a sweet undertone but not overly sweet. I really like this product and will use it. 





Overall this box was just OK for me. Like I said before I was disappointed by the fact that it wasn't the regular October box. I had a feeling that the scents were going to be to much for me when I opened the box and got a face full of perfume. The box was worth the $10 simply because I know that if I didn't have rosacea I'd use the Vasante scrub as well. 



If you want to subscribe to Birchbox yourself you can click on the link below (it's my private invite link) or just go to www.birchbox.com (smile).  


No comments:

Post a Comment