About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I felt a little chill in the air today! This is a big deal for people who live in Florida (9 months of hell heat a few days of winter) and it announced to me loud and clear that Halloween was here! I love Halloween. I'm a huge horror movie fan, and at this time of the year there are horror movies everywhere. My love affair with horror movies started a long time ago. I don't even remember why or when it started to be honest with you. I do remember that as young as 7 I was reading scary books, and watching horror movies. 

I'm not talking about kids horror movies. I'm talking about full on knock down drag out horror movies. My parents may have been a little lax on the whole "Watch what the kid is watching" front. Well...on a few fronts. They're lucky I never burned down the house. I loved burning candle as a child and my parents would give me a lighter and say "Have fun, be careful" and go to bed - I was 6. They trusted me... a lot. 

Being a wee child I couldn't rent movies by myself. My dad and I would go to rent movies and I would tell him what I wanted and he'd get it. This resulted in me watching things like Hellraiser (oh yes) and Dawn of the Dead. I'm not sure what my parents were thinking. I will say that watching violence on TV doesn't make someone a serial killer or bad. I mean seriously, if that were the case I'd be in jail right now. Although...I did like fires as a kid... 

I will admit that Dawn of the Dead instilled an intense fear of zombies in me. One that would haunt me until pretty recently. The Walking Dead house at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights pretty much cured me of that a few years ago. Very much immersion therapy or as I like to call it "Get the fuck over".

This time of the year is like my Christmas. I love the horror movies, the costumes, and the beginning of the cool part of the Florida season. So, if anyone would like to join me for a Halloween party or a horror movie marathon let me know. I promise I wont burn any candles (smile). 

No comments:

Post a Comment