About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Monday, October 27, 2014

Switching up My Moisturizer (again) for My Angry Red Face

After using my Dermalogic barrier with my Korres moisturizer for a few weeks I realized  the combo made most of my face feel amazing but the actual areas effected by rosacea were becoming dry again and needed more hydration. My Korres moisturizer was almost empty so I went on the hunt for another moisturizer. After much internet research (seriously what did people do before google?) I decided to try some Kiehl's products. 

I happen to live very close to the touristy areas of Florida and while annoying (why do people forget how to drive on vacation?) it's also great because we have a lot of high end stores. Lucky for me we have a Kiehl's storefront at the Mall at Millennia to peruse. So, off I went happily dragging my friend along. There is also a Sephora there and I had to exchange a FRESH lip balm because I don't know how to double check to make sure it's the color I want - killing two birds with one stone! 

We get there and just our luck M.A.C is having an event. If I had not been looking for moisturizer I would have gotten all done up but I was on a mission! At least we were entertained by the men who were in silver body suits dancing on stage to Madonna’s Vogue. No seriously, you have not lived until you see 5 guys gyrating on stage with silver body suits and masks. 

We find the Keihl's (we wandered for a while) and I happily go into the amazing store that looks like an old apothecary. I am greeted by one of the best sales reps I have ever ran across. If you're ever at the Mall at Millennia’s Keihl's store in Orlando look for Stepheny. I cannot express how great she was. She tested my skin (I got's desert dry skin peoples) and then she grabbed a bunch of products for me to look at. 

Since my face was red as all get out, she had me put on Kiehl's Skin Rescuer. We sat and chatted for a few minutes and my friend tells me that my face already looks better. I look in the mirror and it's gone from an angry red to pinkish. I grabbed the bottle of magic and declared it mine like Gollum and his ring. I know I need another moisturizer and while she had a recommendation, Stepheny wanted to make sure it would not irritate my skin. So, instead of saying I should buy something she gave me tons of samples. I was incredibly impressed by this no pressure sales approach. 

I have to say so far so good. The dry patches have not returned (fingers crossed) and the burning sensation I had seems to have lessened a bit. I'll do an update in a couple of weeks to let everyone know how it's going! 


No comments:

Post a Comment