About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Butcher, a Baker, and a Paleo Girl

I love to bake and being Paleo has kinda put a damper on that. I really am not tempted to eat any of what I bake but I really would like to be able to bake more things that are Paleo friendly. This has lead me on a long journey of finding alternatives.

The two I have found are Almond Flour and Coconut Flour. They have their pros and cons and I haven't started using them 100% exclusively yet. It's also the holiday and when I bake I like to just bake. I've given most of it away and only ate small bits. This really made me notice a few things.

Paleo really does work for me as evidenced by the tummy problems and heart burn I had (smile). I don't like fad diets. So once-in-awhile I get it in my head that Paleo is a fad and I'm not doing anything positive. Then I eat a cookie (laughing).

I am debating the merits of doing another leptin reset. It worked very well for me before and maybe it will again. Hm....

One of the best things I attribute at least partially to my diet? The fact that I feel better and my MS hasn't been as 'bad' this year. When I say bad I mean muscle spasms and small things like that when combined add up to a big thing. It's been rather nice.

I'm going to have to find a way to make baking paleo so I can combine two things I enjoy. Maybe it's not possible but I'm going to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment