About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Annette Funicello - I'm Gonna Have to ask People to Stop

This weeks mark the passing of Annette Funicello. She was a great entertainer and someone who suffered from Multiple Sclerosis. She was 70 when she passed and had been in a coma for years because of her MS before her passing. I feel sad for her family and wish them the best in this time of mourning. She will be missed by those who loved her movies, her days in the Mickey Mouse Club, and fans the world over. 

Now, here is what I need to say. People, please stop asking me about Funicello, I don't know any more then  you and while I appreciate that you want to talk to me for an hour about her, I don't. I would also ask that you don't start crying and saying you're sorry that this is going to be how I die. No one said that, you're being very dramatic, and you're creeping me out. I don't plan on going into a coma anytime soon and if it happens in the future I'd rather not spend the next 50 years thinking about it. 

To be honest I'm not even sure what type of MS Annette had and that makes a huge difference in what will happen to us as we age. MS is so different for everyone that it's impossible to say what will happen - just like life. Perhaps this death will bring the spotlight to MS - I don't believe it will - but if it does thank you Annette. Until then, we will keep waiting for a cure and living our lives, not obsessing on our death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment