About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My mother makes me laugh.

I was talking to my mother this morning and on the TV cartoons were on. Now for some random reason my mother always has her TV on something she doesn’t watch. Like cartoons (but I know she watches Family Guy even if she won’t admit it) or one of the Spanish language stations, which I know she's not watching, unless she has learned Spanish and hasn't told me.

As I've said in my about me section my mother is Korean. She's been in America since the 1960's and is pretty Americanized. Oh don't get me wrong, she's still 100% Korean she's just pretty ingrained in American culture. A few things she's not but...we'll talk about that later. She also may be one of the funniest people I know.

As I was saying cartoons were on. This cartoon was Ni Hao, Kai-lan. For those of you who don't know Ni Hao, Kai-lan is a cartoon like Dora the Explorer except this is a little Chinese girl.

Photobucket

My mother looks at the TV and asks. "What is that?" I tell her what I've told you here. She pauses and looks at the TV for a moment.

"She's Chinese?"
"Yeah."
"She can't be Chinese. Asian people's eyes aren't that big!"

Then she looks at me and starts laughing.

I love my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment