About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ipsy February 2015 Unbagging - Spoilers!

This week has been subscription box week! This is my unbagging (what is the right word here? Unbagging, unboxing?) of the February 2015 Ipsy bag. If you don’t know Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription bag which provides 5 products which range in size from sample to full-sized. This subscription is $10.00 a month and always arrives with its own makeup bag (the samples are inside). 

Now onto All The Things!



When I opened the metallic pink envelope this fell out first. The Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush number 504 (retail $16.00) is 100% Animal Cruelty Free synthetic brush. The brush is also coated with an antibacterial solution for minimal brush cleansing (nice but…I want a clean brush). I have to limit when I make purchases (because as stated before - I like to pay my mortgage) and this week is my week to buy myself things (brushes or other splurges). Not only did my 3b bag come with a product I was going to purchase but so did Ipsy. I was going to buy a large angled face brush for myself and while it was a different brand this one is very nice. 


The bristles are dense and hold the product well. It distributes powder evenly and easily and it works great with my cream contouring products (another upcoming review). The brush is good quality and made fairly well. It’s a light brush so if you enjoy the feel of a heavy brush you won’t like this one. Yes, the bristles are very soft which surprised me. Overall this is a great brush and I’m happy to have it.

Next is the Rob Scheppy for 'Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in pearl fizz. This is a very nice light pink color (the bag has a pink theme – Valentine’s day). The formula is pigmented but it’s a little chalky. Not a lot of fallout but you can feel that it might be a little too dry for those with dry eyelids (if you have dry eyelids moisturize people – I do now, things were getting’ crepey up there). This is a very spring color and I have not worn it (I’m really into the Nars Dolomite duo right now). 





I don’t think I’ll be using the Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask – full-sized $35.00. Well, I keep going back and forth on trying out the mask. I’m going to have to check out the ingredient list on CosDNA before I slather it on my face. 


I love CARGO cosmetics and I was excited to see this Cargo Lip Gloss in the shade Anguilla – full-sized $16.00. The color is pink and very pigmented. So pigmented in fact that I wasn’t sure it was a lip gloss when I saw it in the box. I am so very sad to say that it has an odd smell. I can’t put my finger on it but it’s a slightly sour smell. On the positive side the gloss is not sticky goes on very well and lasts. As well, the smell dissipated quickly. I enjoy it I’ll just have to get use to the smell. 


I really do like ModelCO BLUSH Cheek Powder in Cosmopolitan 01 full-sized product retail $22.00. I really like ModelCO products. The blush is a great girly pink color and it’s very pigmented. It’s a creamy blush with not much fallout. I used it today and it didn’t leave my face cakey a problem I have with my dry skin. 




Overall I really liked this Ipsy bag. I am surprised because this was going to be a make it or break it bag for me. Maybe the beauty subscription powers that be heard all of us talking about the quality of the products in the Ipsy bag? What did you think of your Ipsy bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment