About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Saturday, February 14, 2015

First Impressions of the Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour

So today for the first time in four years I’m single (not a big deal actually) and I thought “What would be fun for me to do?”. I decided to pick-up my Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour. Chanel has reformulated the product and since I love lovely friends, I was able to get first dibs on some colors. Here is the information for the Rouge Coco published on the Chanel website. 


ROUGE COCO dresses the lips in an easy and self-evident daily beauty step. 
Thanks to its soft, creamy texture and its luxurious, timeless packaging, it is the confidante of each moment of a woman’s life, finding its natural place in the handbags of women today. 
The new ROUGE COCO formula combines hydration and comfort. Created by CHANEL, the Hydratender complex delivers 8-hour hydration with a single application. The choice of pigments with an utmost quality optimises the formula’s comfort. 

ROUGE COCO offers a satiny and luminous makeup result. Faithful to its black and gold codes, ROUGE COCO comes in a new metal case, with a contemporary and timeless design. The elegant and luminous shades of the range are easy to wear and use in your own, individual way, according to your mood. From legendary sites to favorite pieces of jewelry, from passions to symbols, their names recount the private background of Coco Chanel. 
A classic has never expressed itself this freely. 

“ROUGE COCO allows all women to discover, or rediscover, the pleasure of lipstick.” Peter Philips

The collection features 29 new shades in 6 color palettes (Nudes, Oranges, Pinks, Rosewoods, Reds and Plums), each named after the friends, loves and muses of Mademoiselle Chanel.

Nudes
  • 400 Louise
  • 402 Adrienne
  • 404 Julia
  • 406 Antoinette
  • 408 Jeanne
Oranges
  • 410 Catherine
  • 412 Téhéran
  • 414 Sari Doré
  • 416 Coco
  • 418 Misia
Pinks
  • 420 Vera
  • 422 Olga
  • 424 Edith
  • 436 Roussy
  • 428 Légende
  • 430 Marie
Rosewoods
  • 432 Cécile
  • 434 Mademoiselle
  • 436 Maggy
  • 438 Suzanne
Reds
  • 440 Arthur
  • 442 Dimitri
  • 444 Gabrielle
  • 446 Etienne
Plums
  • 448 Elise
  • 450 Ina
  • 452 Emilienne
  • 454 Jean
  • 456 Erik

I got two colors (because I buy these myself, they’re $36.00 each, and I like to pay my mortgage) 440 Arthur and 408 Jeanne. The 408 was chosen for me by the lovely counter manager at Chanel who I love (she just looks like Chanel if that makes sense) who I won’t name because…I didn’t ask her if I could – laugh. She’s absolutely spot on with colors and recommendations. It also doesn’t hurt that Jeanne is my name just spelled different (Genie). 




I’ve swatched both colors for you and I also am showing them on lips. Since I wore Jeanne and I didn’t’ want any change to the final color of Arthur, I had my friend (who also bought Chanel) wear her Arthur. Her skin tone is very pale and mine is light for reference. 


Jeanne
Arthur on top Jeanne on Bottom

I wore the Jeanne for 5 hours and I have to say I’m very impressed. First, the product is creamy, goes on very smooth, and is highly pigmented. The lip color also has the trademark Chanel scent, which I was worried about, but the smell went away immediately after application. I really dislike when the smell of the lipstick lingers such as Dior. 

I feel that the formula is hydrating. My lips right now (hours later) are still hydrated from the product. I am confident that the claims that the product provides 8 hours of hydration are not overinflated. As you can see from the photos the color did not bleed, neither my friend nor I used a lip liner. This impressed me as well since the colors are very pigmented and vibrant. What impressed me even more was that the color lasted until I ate. I was also drinking out of a straw and while there was some color transfer there was not as much as I thought with such a rich formula. 

The swatch of Jeanne looks very brown. I can tell you it’s not as dark as it seems on the lip. Jeanne is a great nude color and I was scared I’d look like some emo Goth girl. I was very surprised that I did not. Please excuse my face I have no makeup on - laugh.


Overall I like this new formula and I think it’s well worth the price. The range of colors should fit into every girl’s life and who doesn’t need hydration? I’ll be using my colors in the next few weeks and I will give you an update on how I feel about them then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment