About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Friday, April 17, 2015

My Chicago Charlotte Tilbury Experience

I recently went to Chicago for a week of fun and a little conference. There is a shopping mecca there called the Magnificent Mile. I’m not a huge shopper but it was an experience just to see. My friend and I looked at must stores on the strip and then went inside a Nordstrom’s. I’m not sure why but we did. I was looking at some Tom Ford products while she meandered about. We turned around the back end of the makeup area and then I saw it. Charlotte Tilbury! 


I’ve heard of this brand, saw many reviews, and have listened to all of the ravings. I was so excited to actually try the product that we booked a makeover and went on our merry way. Fast-forward to two days later and we get our makeovers! We were first given facial treatments from Kate Somerville. Her products are amazing btw and even with my sensitive skin I had no problems. 

But what I want to talk about here is the Tilbury makeup. I had my full face done with the following products. 

Face

Lips
  • Lip Cheat – Pillowtalk (lip liner)
  • K.I.S.S.I.N.G - Penelope Pink (lipstick)

Eyes
  • Brow Lift (eyebrow pencil and spoolie) 
  • Luxury palette - The Dolce Vita (eyeshadow)
  • Full Fat Lashes - Glossy Black (mascara)
  • Rock 'n' Kohl - Bedroom Black (pencil eyeliner) 

Since Charlotte Tilbury has a handful of specific looks as examples we decided to do the The Dolce Vita makeup look on me. If you want to find all of these products and see the look check out http://www.charlottetilbury.com/us/shop-by-look/the-dolce-vita.html

Face

Unfortunately, I didn’t like the face products. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that she did not use a primer on me but the foundation looked cakey after application. My face was not dry (thanks to the Kate Somerville facial) so I can’t blame that. Maybe it’s just not for someone with dry skin. 

The blush is a very nice color but again looked very cake on me. I think with the foundation and then the addition of powder on top was just too much. It is a great shade though and I would probably use it with a different foundation to see if I got the same results. 

The highlight/bronzer - I’m sorry but I really did not like this. I know this is a holy grail for some but it just did not show up my skin. I have much better results with other products at a much lower price point. Again, it may have to do with the foundation but I’m not willing to pay $70.00 to find out. 

Lips

The lip liner was great. Went on smoothly and lasted for hours. It’s the perfect nude/pink color that will compliment any pink/nude lip. The lipstick was also a very subtle pink color. Not too bright but opaque and it also lasted all day. 

Now, my friend bought me the lipstick in the shade Bitch Perfect. I love the shade and it lasts all day. The only thing about this is that it is not creamy at all. The lipstick actually feels a gritty. I do love the color and the product but the grittiness is very weird. Also, I’m not one to talk about packaging but I have to comment on the lipstick packaging. It feels cheap. The top of the lipstick tube I could crush between my two fingers if I squeezed hard. The lipstick sells for $32.00 and for that price I expect the packaging to be more substantial. 




Eyes

The brow pencil was great. Filled up any sparse areas and did not look fake. My brows are pretty solid on their own so this isn’t a huge surprise. 

We did my tightline with the eyeliner as well as under my eye. It went on smoothly with no tugging and really lasted through the evening. It was even a bit hard to get off with my makeup remover. 

Mascara was also great. My lashes got very long, the color was there and they did not look spidery. I was actually surprised by the mascara. 

The colors in the eyeshadow pallet are amazing and I loved how opaque they were. There was not much fallout and they went on very creamy. However, they did not last on me. We even used a primer and in a few hours I looked like a raccoon. Again, I could try it with a different primer but at the price point… I don’t want to play too much. 

Overall I was disappointed that the majority of the products did not seem to work for me. I’m going to try a few more things, such as her waterproof eyeshadow stick, but I think for the price point I’m going to stay away from the Tilbury line. Anyone else try her products? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment