About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 2015 3b Beauty Bag Unboxing

It’s that time of the month again! It’s subscription box week. I’ve received my Birchbox, Ipsy, and 3b beauty boxes plus a Colourpop order and a YSL mascara for review. Whew! Everyone seems pretty interested in the 3b beauty bag so it will be my first subscription blog post! For those that don’t know 3b is a monthly Asian beauty subscription bag. It costs $13.00 a month and contains sample, deluxe, and full-sized products. Check them out here https://the3bbox.com/.

Now on to all the things! 


My first product is this Holika Holika Daily Garden Lip & Eye Remover. Holika Holika is a Korean brand that is very well known by Kbeauty enthusiasts. This is a run of the mil makeup remover. It has a light smell, which was not offensive to my sensitive nose. I probably will not use any new removers or skin products until I get back from my trip to Chicago to avoid any crazy skin reactions. 



Since we’re talking about Holika Holika lets take a look at the Holika Holika Juicy Shine Lip Blam. The Juicy Shine Lip Blam is rosey tinted and has a unique formula which seals in moisture while delivering a pretty pink gloss to the lips. It claims to be extra creamy, highly moisturizing, with a sheer raspberry finish. I have not swatched the lip blam (sorry) because I currently have about 200 lip balms hanging around and I really don’t want to waste it (ok 200 is an exaggeration). I’m about to finish two up so I will be opening it soon and giving it a better review. 


These two samples are from Sulwhasoo a high end skin care brand from Korea. These are the Essential Balancing Water and the Essential Emulsion. 


For those not familiar with Korean skin care it has many steps and uses terms that can be a little confusing to some. The Balancing water is called a toner. However, it refers to balancing your skin not the toner we’re used to using after washing our face. You pat this product int your skin instead of using a cotton pad. It is more like a skin treatment then a toner. The emulsion is actually a light moisturizer and not a cleanser (I mentioned it can get confusing). 

The Essential Balancing Water is developed to deliver deep hydration while immersing your skin in a veil of essential nutrients. 

The Essential Emulsion is a light moisturizer formulated with Korean medicinal herbs to improve skin’s ability to maintain water and includes mountain peony (prevents dehydration) and yai jiu hua extract (promotes circulation). 

As I said I wont be using these until after my vacation. I am very excited to receive these samples because Ive been eyeing this skincare line for awhile. These samples will help me make my decisions if I want to drop the money on the full sized products. 


The last sample is the Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack. The pumpkin sleeping pack is an overnight mask that contains pumpkin extract, beta-carotene, and vitamin A to rejuvenate your skin while you sleep. So, fun fact about me - I’m allergic to squash. I can eat pumpkin when it is cooked (the only squash I know I can eat) but I’m going to guess this isn’t cooked and/or it might not be actual pumpkin. Which means, in order to avoid anaphylactic shock, I am going to be passing this sample along to my friend Jamie. 

I am really enjoying this beauty subscription. I love Asian beauty products and this is a fun way to get exposed to new products without having to order them from Korea, wait a month, and then hope you like what you purchased. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the 3b beauty bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment