About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Friday, March 6, 2015

First Impressions of the Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crèmes

I’ve been on a lipstick kick lately. I realize that I’ve been limiting myself to very specific red colors. I decided screw it – more colors! I purchased three Le Marc Lip Crèmes in the colors So Sofia 236 electric watermelon, Clara 218 bold rose, and Core Cora 234 brilliant coral. 

Formula – The formula goes on well and is creamier then other popular lipsticks. I was expecting it to be very creamy (crème is in the name) and while I did not find this they were on point with some of the higher end lipsticks such as the Chanel Rogue de Coco. I have the tendency to get dry in the corners of my mouth when I apply lipstick. This formula did not do that.

Wear time – The color lasted for a few hours but by no means were they 12 hour long wearing pigments. This is the give and take with wear time creamy or drying. I still haven’t found a good middle ground…yet. 

Pigmentation – No one can say these three colors are not pigmented. When they say electric, bold, and brilliant, they are not kidding. They were very bright and on my skin tone and the colors just did not work. I’ve seen them on other skin tones and they look amazing. However, they looked very cheap on me. The way a friend described it to me was it’s as if you have black light paint on your lips and someone threw on the black light.

My take on each color (I had a video for this that got corrupted so I don't have swatches - sorry):

So Sofia is a very bright fuchsia pink. Watermelon I think is not the right way to describe the color of So Sofia. I think this would be better suited to a lighter skin tone with cool undertones.

So Sofia

Clara and Core Cora – These two colors are almost identical. I applied Clara to left side of my lip and Core Cora to the right and no one I showed could differentiate between them. They colors also did not suit me. What I’ve learned from this is that I don’t look good with Coral’s that are this bright and/or this tone. 

Clara

Core Cora

Overall I do like the formulation of these lipsticks, the colors are very opaque, and the ware time is about average. I like the lipstick but they’re not a holy grail. I am going to try some different colors of this line because I’m always on the hunt for a good lipstick smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment