About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Long Run Since my Official Start!

First of all, I want to thank all my friends for donating! It’s very hard to express how emotional and humbled by your donations I am in a blog. Just know that I appreciate every single one of you!!

I have been wondering the past week if a marathon is to much for me. I've also been joking about how people can meet me at Mass. General after the marathon and we can all eat carb's while I get my IV fluid (Ok, only half-joking...maybe not joking at all).

So, needless to say this long run was going to set the stage for me for the next five months. How confident or apprehensive I would be would come down to this one long run. Not much pressure at all!

To my utter amazement on Saturday, I did a total of 9 miles and I feel great. A little sore, but since I took about two weeks off from running, that’s to be expected!

I’m still not as fast as I was – and that’s ok. I need to give myself some time after resting for two weeks, to catch back up. Well...after a forced rest. Something about my Neurologist, my friend who happens to be my former Physical Therapist and friends telling me, some in more polite terms than others, that I was an idiot and needed to rest.

I also realize that I do have five months before Boston, and I think that is probably enough time to recover from two weeks of non-running :-D.

As I’m sitting here writing this, I’m eating a bowl of whole wheat pasta with chicken breast. Why am I mentioning this? Because, I feel fine – no aches or pains from the miles logged yesterday! In the past, when I would push myself in a 5k, I would be sore the next day. I did almost the equivalent of 3 5k’s and nothing. Mr. Galloway, wherever you are, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment