About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm sorry you can't be bothered to file paperwork. Not my problem.

I read Runner’s World magazine. Yeah its a little pleasure I have. I read like a fiend. I'm reading this month's issue and it has an article about a track team.

Now I read Runner’s World for tips and stories and silly things shoe reviews etc. This article is about two coaches at an Arizona high school. One of the coaches has been in the states 20 years illegally. He was pulled over, had no license because of a DUI in 2002, and they figured out he was illegal. Now, the team is protesting his arrest and people are very upset about the whole issue of his arrest. The article talks about the ice cold holding room and the hundreds of other men he had to share the cell with.

I don’t feel sorry for him. He’s been here 20 years and had all that time to file his paperwork and receive a resident alien status at minimum. Actually the kicker is he’s been married to a US citizen for 5 years and never initiated the paperwork for citizenship.

Why should I feel sorry for him? He has had 20 years to file his paperwork and get his ducks in a row.

Now, I’m not mean and I think that we need to offer more H1B visas and more options for people who may be here illegally. 20 years though? I don’t feel sorry for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment