About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Thursday, December 26, 2013

How Would I Deal With Cancer?

I think that's a question people ask themselves when they see a celebrity on TV diagnosed with cancer. Maybe the thought crosses their mind when they hear of a friend or family member's diagnosis. I don't think I ever thought about how I would deal with cancer. I know I wasn't prepared when I heard that I had Leukemia. They told me in the hospital pretty non-nonchalantly that I had it as they were taking my blood for more tests.

I find that dealing with cancer is just what it is. Things change, a lot and not as much as you would think, you go to appointments you have chemo, and you just go on. What else is there to say? It sucks, it blows, there is good and bad, but it's just living. I don't know what will happen when my treatments are over. That isn't until February.  I wonder if it will be different after it's done? I guess only time will tell, and I've been told my feelings are normal that it doesn't hit people until all the treatments are done and things calm down a bit.

I'll tell you how I deal with cancer when I know. 

1 comment:

  1. just curious.... I know that to some degree after my MS diagnosis....but moreso at those quaint medical occaisions like "hey he's supposed to be braindead IF he woke up".... I agree, life goes on... mundane things still must be done, but for me that little light went on where it was considerably more than blasé not caring... I had a deeprooted...wanting to dopeslap strangers for wasting their own time with crap that really...I mean REALLY doesn't matter.... I've wondered if Cancer has a grounding to reality effect.....

    ReplyDelete