About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Six hours later...

I love health insurance. I'd probably work for free as long as I could continue to receive good health insurance. Paperwork and red tape associated with health insurance? I hate that. On January first we switched to a new insurance plan at my company. Today I have a doctors appointment, lab work, and prescriptions that I have to pick up.

Normally this takes maybe an hour for the doctor and lab and then I drop off the new prescriptions to pick them up after work. Well, one little problem I don't have an insurance card yet. Like a good little compulsive person I go online, print a letter of insurance, get my numbers, and be bop to my appointment.

25 minutes after my appointment time I get to see my doctor. Not because of the doctor (rare I know) but because it took that long to verify and get me into their computer. Self, I say to myself, it's fine we knew it might take awhile. I go to get my blood taken and 30 minutes later I get my blood taken again because of verification. Self, I say to myself, that's OK at least the woman didn't have to stab you 25 times.

Now since I haven't eaten all morning and it's fast approaching 10 I think I should eat. I decide that I'll go to the pharmacy first (driving noises). 1 hour later after verification I get my first prescription and since I'm super special I have to get medicine from different pharmacies. At this point my stomach is eating itself and I'm scowling like the mad cat (car noises) off I go to the other pharmacy! This was even MORE fun because the young girl taking care of me had no idea what to do without a physical insurance card.

Now at this point, I may have been abducted by Aliens. I have a block of missing time so large I have no idea how else to explain it. Somehow I got home at 4:00 pm. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't started this at 8:30 this morning. That's AM for those of you who are confused.

I'm not dead because at Walgreens they have snacks and I shoved something that I think was a potato chip into my mouth around 2. However, that might be a false memory that the aliens have implanted into my brain to help me mentally comprehend where all my time went today.


No comments:

Post a Comment