About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 2015 Ipsy Unbagging

My last beauty subscription unbagging for the month will be the August 2015 Ipsy bag. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that costs $10.00/month. Each month you get a makeup bag and at least 5 beauty samples (sometimes full sized products). You can also get beauty tools such as brushes in the bag (make sure you fill out your beauty profile when you sign up!). You can check them out at www.ipsy.com

Ipsy and I have a complicated relationship. The first few months I received it I was not happy at all. As time has gone on and since I have been filling out reviews (yeah I suggest you review your products) it has slowly been getting better. Lets see how this month goes. 

Now all the things!


My first product is the OZ Naturals Amino Herbal Hydration Mask sample-size (full-sized price $21.99). This mask contains rosehip oil, pro-vitamin B5, amino acid complex and an organic herbal blend that deeply nourishes and penetrates again skin (I guess my skin is aging). The brand is cruelty free and organic, does not contain alcohol, parabens, or sulfates. 


I did not open the product to smell it because it has a seal on it. I am going to try this mask because rosehip oil is supposed to be good for people who have rosacea. I will report back after using the mask to let you know if my face burned off or not – smile. 

Next we have the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent Blush sample-size (full-sized price $7.99). Everyone knows what dry shampoo is right? The Batiste is no different it’s there to make your dirty hair look good again. I was really worried about the smell but it’s not that bad. It does smell like perfume but it dissipates pretty fast. I don’t think I would purchase it because I am a huge fan of the Klorane Dry Shampoo. Overall if you’re looking for a different option this is something you should try. 


The Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Liner Pen (full-sized price $19.00( seemed to be the answer to my eyeliner prayers. I’ve been looking for a small pen applicator to travel with. Don’t get me wrong I love my Tarteist Clay Paint Liner but when I travel I lose things. I can just see myself losing my brush so the pen applicator seemed like a great option. 



As you can see I made a little doodle on my hand (because who wants a boring straight line am I right?). I looked good. However, the long lasting claim seems to be misplaced. I allowed it to dry and was able to wipe it off with a little water. Maybe I did not let it dry long enough but if it wiped off that easy with some water it will not stay on my eyes. I’ll see how it goes on a day I don’t mind the potential panda eyes. 

I was not excited to see a Hikari Cosmetics product in my bag. I did not like the Hikari eyeliner that Ipsy sent me in another bag so I didn’t have a good feeling about this lip gloss. The Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Salsa (full-sized price $13.00) is a high-shine lip matte gloss. I have to say that the color of this lip gloss is intense. Very opaque and the formula is not sticky. It did smell like plastic but it wasn’t an overpowering smell and wouldn’t stop me from wearing it. I am glad to say that my impression of the brand does not apply to all of the Hikari products. A great lip gloss! 




The last product in my bag is the City Color Cosmetics HD Powder sample-size (full-sized price $5.99). This translucent powder is a finely milled 100% silica powder that helps blur any imperfections. I don’t use powder because I have dry skin so I am going to be passing this sample along. I will say it’s a pretty small sample and I’m not sure that you would be able to get a good feel for the product with this size of a sample. 


Well, that is my August Ipsy Bag. I am not that happy with the bag. While I do use dry shampoo the perfume smell isn’t for me (but I’ll keep it for emergencies) the HD powder is something I wont use and while I did like the idea of the eye liner if it really is not waterproof it wont work for me. I’m also not sure if the mask will work since I have sensitive skin that has a tendency to get angry. So, that leaves the lip gloss. The lip gloss is worth the price of the bag but I would hope that I could use or try at least the majority of the products. This month was a bust for me. What do you guys think of your bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment