About Me

My photo
Lifestyle | KBeauty | Living with Multiple Sclerosis | Cancer Survivor | Beauty Blogger | My mind takes me to many places! Come along for the ride.


Twitter: @koreansoul77
Instagram: halfkoreangirl25

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rip Van Winkette (thats me)


Once in a great while my MS likes to pop out of nowhere and slap the shit out of me. It does this to remind me that it’s there. Not that I don’t think about it every day as I’m jabbing a needle into my tummy but sometimes like a jealous dog, it wants to make sure I really know it's still there. 

Last weekend a group of friends and I threw a baby shower for our awesome friend Squishy! Unfortunately, it was 100 degrees where we were and I spent eight hours there so I got overheated. I run and get very hot but I’m able to cool down pretty quickly. I guess the extended overheating really got to me because I think I slept three days straight. 

I went to work for the first part of the week but spent most of Thursday Friday and Saturday asleep. I got up to eat and use the facilities before going right back to sleep. Today is the first day I’ve woken up and been able to function normally. I also promptly went for a jog and went shopping (smile). I feel good though still and cold showers do wonders for cooling down and the skin. Hehe

This brings me to a new theory about Rip Van Winkle. He wasn’t bewitched - he had MS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment